I have seen beautiful examples of copics used on fabric and decided to try it for myself. I used memento ink to stamp onto a cotton and a linen type material. I had a little trouble with the ink smudging so I just got out the hair dryer and dryed the stamped area before colouring (that solved the problem). I was able to do a small amount of blending on the linen fabric (but not on the thin cotton). I did find that it bled over in a few patches but that was due to my heavy handedness. I put a peice of paper towel under my fabric while I was colouring to soak up any excess ink, that seemed to help.
I decided to use this lovely mermaid Anya as a pocket on a library bag (we visit the town library on a regular basis). Please excuse my sewing skills I am not a sewer! Here is a peek at the library bag. I like how it turned out (considering I don't know much about sewing).
Mad for Markers.
Copics used were
Y11, Y13, Y15, E11 and E00, B05, B02 B00 and baby blue spica.